Next Nature Network (NNN) researches and visualizes how our technology has become so intricate and uncontrollable that it has become a nature of its own. We stimulate discussion, initiate publications and create travelling expositions. Our network, maintained via our online magazine is a worldwide authority on this theme.
It is our goal to share a richer understanding of nature and ultimately, to ensure a liveable existence for the people who come after us by charting a path for the future that’s desirable for humanity and the planet as a whole.
Our core team works in Amsterdam and Eindhoven – our network across the globe. The team consists of an eclectic mix of creative people; from thinkers to makers to business people. Join us.
About the Role
We are looking for a Project Lead ECO COIN (EN/NL) who will help further develop the ECO coin into a daily currency that combines ecological and economical value. You will manage the project with a small team of professionals and work with municipalities, (corporate) organizations, funding partners and potential investors to align common goals. In the coming period you will be the engine in growing the project from neighbourhood to city scale.
The ECO coin is a currency that is earned through sustainable action. It aims to reward anyone, anywhere in the world, for carrying out sustainable actions. Why? In our current economy you can make money from cutting down a tree, but can’t make money planting one; it seems that sustainable actions are not valued.
If you walk into a shop and would compare one product to its sustainable alternative, all too often, you'll find that the sustainable alternative is more expensive; you have to pay to do the right thing. This makes sustainability a moral obligation. We believe we need a new value system that reframes sustainability as both good for our ecology and for our economy. We therefore envision a new currency that is 50% economic and 50% ecologic.
We call it the ECO coin.
What You're Gonna Do
- Envision and execute activities to further develop the project.
- Maintain and develop relations with the project’s stakeholders and members.
- Ensure the project is well integrated within the Next Nature ecosystem.
- Inspire and manage your team.
- Select and guide interns dedicated to the ECO coin.
Competencies and experience
- Affinity with and an understanding of the Next Nature philosophy.
- Background in or affinity with sustainability.
- An entrepreneurial and hands-on mentality.
- Social, effective and constructive team-player.
- Good management skills to inspire people to deliver the best work they can.
- A natural sense of seeing and developing opportunities.
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of and experience in iterative design processes.
- Experience in growing a community around a product.
- Confident in multiple ways of fundraising and financial planning. This can be both grant/subsidy based, or investors/crowdfunding based.
Nice to have
- An understanding of community currencies and tokeneconomics.
- An interest in new governance systems. We organise as a DAO (decentralised autonomous organisation) to manage the currency and would like to see that develop alongside the ECO coin.
What We Offer
- A vibrant working environment with chances to grow.
- An assignment based on targets for a period of eight months starting in November, with the possibility to extend the agreement.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.