ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 1,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
About the Role
To support the Sustainable Mobility team, we are offering the following position: Junior Officer, Sustainable Mobility
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in
Bonn, Germany, and will be placed within the Sustainable Mobility team. The Junior Officer
complements the Sustainable Mobility team in supporting local and regional governments
internationally in implementing innovative sustainable urban mobility solutions within the contexts of
passenger and freight movements.
What You're Gonna Do
Support the EcoLogistics Community Project (70%)
- Support project implementation of the EcoLogistics Community project to achieve project
goals, including contribution to the development of technical tools, knowledge products
(case studies, reports), and other defined research, organizational, and communication tasks
- General assistance in communications tasks within the funded project, including website
updates, regular communication duties and contributions to newsletters, and reporting,
- Support in organizing events (meetings, conferences, workshops, partner meetings, study
tours, etc.) in the framework of the EcoLogistics Community
- Communicate with city representatives, partners, and consultants, as defined by line
- Support team members to conceptualize, develop the thematic areas of EcoLogistics
- Carry-out defined tasks effectively to ensure timely delivery of products
- Work with different teams within ICLEI and ICLEI Regional Offices to achieve the project
deliverables and foster meaningful collaborations
General support to the Sustainable Mobility team (30%)
- Support the sustainable mobility’s communications and events activities including website
updates, creation of the bimonthly newsletters, draft blogposts, organization of webinars
- Support the Sustainable Mobility teams in its efforts to assist local and regional governments,
particularly ICLEI Members, in the transition towards integrated, socially inclusive, and
sustainable urban mobility for people and freight
- Assist in project bidding under the close supervision of the line manager or an assigned staff
- Upon need, supporting other tasks in the team or extended World Secretariat team.
- University degree in a relevant field, such as transport planning/ management/ policies;
logistics and supply chain management; urban planning/ design; environmental science/
policies; civil engineering or comparable
- One year of relevant work experience, working with sustainable mobility, freight and supply
chain issues, ideally with an understanding of the role of local and regional governments in
- Knowledge of current policies, planning concepts, and trends in sustainable mobility and
logistics in cities
- Strong writing and presentation skills with excellent command of written and spoken English.
Proficiency in other languages especially Mandarin and/or German is an asset.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word, PowerPoint, and
- Experience in website content management (WordPress) and social media platforms (Twitter,
- Experience in Adobe suites (Illustrator and InDesign);
- Project management skills, including organization of workshops, training, conferences
- Good time management, proactive and highly organized working style, team player
- Confidence in communicating with partners and city officials from different background and
What We Offer
- The position will be available as of 01 January 2021 and it is planned until 31 December 2021
- The position is supervised by a Senior Officer, Sustainable Mobility
- Probation period is of three months
- The employment contract will be based on German law.
- Salary: 29725 - 32822 EUR (full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary
to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s years of relevant experience
- Working hours: 40 per week (full time)
- Paid leave: 30 days per year (full time)
- Working language: English
- Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit
for Germany prior to the start of the position.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.