The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague/Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Centre for Urban Excellence – a think tank empowering individuals, organisations and institutions to achieve better human settlements. The Institute’s core function is to conduct research and promote knowledge transfer, offer advice and short-term consultancy services, as well as design and deliver capacity building and continuing education programmes. The Institute is involved in several EU research projects, technical assistance globally, engaged in capacity building projects with international organisations, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for a temporary Communication and Design Assistant who will support and assist us in the management and implementation of our multiple projects. In particular, your tasks will focus on communication and dissemination activities, such as the preparation of creative visual materials (ex. infographics, handbooks, manuals etc.), social media engagement, and website design and management.
We are looking for a motivated, independent and creative individual who is able to balance different tasks and responsibilities effectively and collaborate with the ISOCARP Institute team.
The position will be based in The Hague (NL) but can be commenced in a flexible scheme due to restrictions of the pandemic. The office location will move in the coming months but will remain in the same region. The preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
Please Note: Only candidates living in the Netherlands will be considered.
What You're Gonna Do
What you will be doing:
- Support the general project implementation especially on the management of communication and dissemination materials;
- Preparation of visual materials, handbooks and manuals;
- Assisting in administrative tasks: website and social media management and engagement.
- A highly motivated candidate with a (recent) MSc degree in Communication Sciences, Design or another relevant discipline.
- Passionate about learning about urban development, sustainability, and citizen engagement;
- At least 1-year experience in an international environment dealing with research and projects. Previous experience in a fast-growing organisation is preferred;
- You are creative and talented in web design, infographics, and visual materials (knowledge of Adobe Package and other design software is a MUST);
- You are autonomous and proactive in building and setting up (new) operational processes from scratch;
- You bring action and hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Strong written and communication skills in English. Other European languages are an asset.
What We Offer
The application deadline for this position is November 22nd. After this deadline, the high potential candidates will be shortlisted.
Preferred starting date: As soon as Possible
Please send your CV and Motivation letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about this vacancy please send an e-mail to Ms. Gisela Garrido Veron email@example.com
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.