Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. Ramboll employs 16,500 people globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
We are present in 35 countries and combine local experience with a global knowledge-base, constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, end-users, and society at large.
Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting.
About the Role
Transport is changing fast. Communities around the world are increasingly experimenting with an ever-growing list of new information-based services that have no precedents in local laws. Transport services typically operated by the public sector are being challenged by new, privately-owned providers of mobility services. Choices are expanding – and getting more complicated. Impacts of the coronavirus pandemic are adding to these challenges. The world needs clever problem-solvers to re-imagine mobility for people. Join us in making sense of the future of transport!
Your Role as International Projects Manager, Smart Mobility:
You are experienced working on worldwide transport planning and mobility projects. You want to leverage this experience with Ramboll to strengthen client relationships, as well as win and manage new projects in areas such as Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans with International Financial Institutions, strategic studies with the European Commission, and transport components of masterplanning projects with global architects, developers, and private investors. You are motivated by the fast pace of change in our communities and the growing importance of transport to the quality of life in diverse communities. You are committed to developing your professional competencies in this growing field. You can effectively leverage your experience in planning and projects implementation to the blossoming world of mobility. You are dedicated to delivering high quality, integrated solutions to all out clients. You are excited about working with teams composed of experts from multiple international offices and cultures in an integrated environment across disciplines on some of the most innovative projects in the world. You are aligned with Ramboll’s commitment to equitable communities, integrated climate adaptation, green infrastructure, and nature-compatible solutions. You want to work for a unique organisation and are motivated by the opportunity to make an impact through your work.
Your Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Based on your experience of pursuing, winning, and executing successful projects, you will be responsible for providing excellent client service, managing a portfolio of international projects with a diverse and changing mix of team members across all our offices, collaborating with other international teams within Ramboll, and developing custom external partnerships when needed to prepare and pursue opportunities that match our global strategy and best suit the needs of our clients. You will align your previous experience with training in the Ramboll Project Management Model so that you can confidently run projects of differing sizes with direct client contact.
What You're Gonna Do
- Execute projects, proposal creation, and business development for our clients concerned with smart mobility
- Manage projects, making sure that your project teams provide our clients excellent quality deliverables, on time, and on budget
- Collaborate with experts and specialists in teams assembled to best suit clients’, specific needs
- Prepare findings and results in concise formats that emphasize positive ways forward
- Exercise an interest in and understanding of the project management discipline
- Develop existing and new client relationships through projects and client interactions between projects to keep you updated on client circumstances and needs
- Participate occasionally in conferences with presentations on Ramboll’s new approaches or state-of-the-practice project deliveries
- Win projects through pitching ideas and writing high quality proposals via both proactive efforts as well as RFP’s.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in transport planning or similar
- +10 years of experience with planning/consulting projects
- Strong project management experience related to the transport, urban planning industry, with a particular focus in Smart Mobility
- Demonstrated experience with clients in both the public and private sector, such as International Financial Institutions, European Commission, global architects and developers, private investors, and public authorities
- Client advisor, relationship-building experience, comfortable representing our team as the first contact with clients around the world
- Willingness to travel (when COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted) and work/communicate with international clients via online collaboration tools for meetings, workshops, and assignments
- Willing to take on assignments in other countries (when COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted) for multiple weeks, if needed
- Confident English language skills (written and verbal), including clear spoken and written communication and negotiating skills
- Strong experience writing proposals, technical reports, and coordinating technical inputs from multiple teams and sources
What We Offer
Your Working Location:
Let’s find the right fit for you; our global Smart Mobility teams are in office locations throughout the Nordics, UK, Germany, Singapore, and India. For example, we have offices in the following cities; Copenhagen/DK, Aarhus/DK, Espoo/FIN, Oslo/NOR, Malmö/SWE, Karlsruhe/GER, Berlin/GER, London/UK, Delhi/IN, Hyderabad/IN & Singapore.
Our Offer to You:
- A proactive approach focusing on clients as partners to successfully achieve their goals
- Varied and challenging assignments with a high level of empowerment
- Versatile growth and development opportunities in a dynamic and successful company
- An international working environment with a motivated team and a pleasant working climate
- A company that is committed to knowledge-sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geographies
- A transparent corporate culture shaped by highly ethical Nordic values
- The opportunity to shine by contributing your individual skills to help shape innovation in a very exciting time in mobility
This job is available for international candidates.