About the Programme
IAAC’s Master in City & Technology (1 or 2-year program) is a unique program oriented towards redefining the analysis, planning, and design of twenty-first-century cities and beyond. The program offers expertise in the design of digitally enhanced, ecological and human-centered urban environments by intersecting the disciplines of urbanism and data science. Taking place in Barcelona, the capital of urbanism, the Master in City & Technology is training the professionals that city administrations, governments, industries, and communities need, to transform the urban environment in the era of big data.
The digital revolution coupled with the unforeseen environmental, economic and social challenges that our world and cities face today, urge the practices of urban design and planning to rethink many of the traditions and bases upon which they operated over the past decades. We believe that when we train urbanists, architects, engineers, computer scientists and technologists in the same arena, placing them in one single team, we have the potential to radically transform the urban and built environment.
The Master in City & Technology programme focuses on training the new professionals that will be able to accelerate urban innovation through the use of big data and digital technologies while following the principles of human-centered, ecological and intelligent design.
With a focus on three main fields of operation, The Internet of Cities, The Internet of Buildings and The Internet of People, the programme explores digital technologies (from data analytics and Artificial Intelligence to generative and parametric design) to develop holistic urban and architectural projects that bring a positive impact to the built environment and the society that inhabits it.
Each year, the programme aims to create new categories of urban and building projects, technologies, and solutions that can be extended systematically to the cities of the world, with the aim of creating applied visions of more sustainable, resilient, inclusive and responsive urban environments.
Master in City & Technology (1-year Program)
- Degree: The Master in City & Technology is accredited by the School of Professional and Executive Development at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia – European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- Duration: 9 Months – From October 2022 to June 2023 // Full time – Classes are only held in the afternoons to permit part-time jobs in the morning
- Credits: 75 ECTS
- Tuition fee: Fee Non-EU: 18.750€; EU: 15.000€
Master in City & Technology + Thesis Project (2-year Program)
- Degree: The Master in City & Technology + Thesis Project is accredited by the School of Professional and Executive Development at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia – European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- Duration: 18 Months – From October 2022 to June 2024 – Thesis Final Submission: September 2023 // Full time – Classes are only held in the afternoons to permit part-time jobs in the morning
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Tuition fee: Non-EU: 30.400€; EU: 24.350€
The Master in City and Technology is a programme for architects, urbanists, designers, computer scientists, engineers, data scientists and entrepreneurs that want to become urban technologists and lead the future of urban environments. If you are passionate about combining design and data science in order to lead the positive transformation of cities and you are willing to work together with multidisciplinary experts, industries and city administrations on real case studies for the acceleration of urban innovation and intelligent design, then the Master in City & Technology is made for you.
NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE – MARCH 31ST, 2022
We are now accepting applications for 2022/2023 academic year. So apply today!
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is an education, research, production and dissemination center with the mission to shape the future habitat of our society, building it in the present.