About the Event
**Sustainable and affordable housing for all? Insights on socially just decarbonization of buildings from academia and practice**
Decarbonizing the residential building stock is a must to address the climate emergency. To ensure a socially inclusive process, local governments need to align their climate targets with social equity goals. Which policy tools do local governments have to address this? How can academia support this? How do different actors, like building developers and investors fit in? Join us as we discuss these difficult questions. This session will also launch a policy brief on the role of local government in advancing a just transition in the built environment.
This event will be held in English.
- Andreia Fidalgo, Europe Programme Manager, Built Environment, Institute for Human Rights and Business, UK
- Christopher Sadlowski, Head of Climate Advisory Board, Environment Department, City of Dortmund, Germany
- City of Malmö, Sweden
- Ivan Tosics, Metropolitan Research Institute, Hungary
- Ying-Chih Deng-Sommer, Sustainable Built Environment Officer, Circular Development Team, ICLEI World Secretariat, Germany
- Yulia Yulia, Local Researcher Jakarta – Built Environment, IHRB (“Building for Today and the Future” Project)
Date : 21 September 2023
Time : 10:00 - 11:00 (UTC+2)
The event is free, registration is required.
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 2,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.