About the Event
An evening of inspirational talks from women who are designing differently. Whether that's combining design and another discipline, or using design to create social and environmental impact, or changing the design landscape for future generations.
At this International Women’s Day event we want to challenge stereotypes, broaden perceptions and celebrate women's achievements. Join us, and be inspired.
A weeknight event where we’ll hear from women carving out alternative and impactful careers in design, architecture and the built environment. The evening will be interactive, with brainstorming and networking.
We’ll use fast-paced presentations to drive discussion about the role of designers in a changing world, the importance of equality and diversity in the sector, and how women are challenging the status quo.
- Maria-Chiara Piccinelli (Co-founder & Director, PiM.studio Architects)
- Katrine Dalum Hesseldahl (Product Designer & PhD student, Burberry Material Futures Research Group at the Royal College of Art)
- Philippa Battye (Architect, sculptor & endurance cyclist)
- Jay Morton (Associate, Bell Phillips Architects)
- Meriel Hunt (Art Director / Set Designer, House of Bop)
- Fiona MacDonald (Co-founder, MATT+FIONA)
- Jo Ashbridge (Founder & Director, AzuKo)
Ticket sales will be donated to architecture charity, AzuKo (no. 1156354).
We welcome a diverse audience including architects and designers, local authority, students, educators and key stakeholders in the built environment and impact sectors.
AzuKo is an architecture charity. We dream of a just world, in which every person enjoys the right to dignified living conditions.
We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure to play and public space, our projects address urgent needs. Our efforts are focused in the UK and Bangladesh.